Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Matter of Personal Demons

The last few posts are examples of the material that not only interests me but also serve as a means to recharge my proverbial batteries by exploring issues other than anomalies. The documentary posted below examines Brian Wilson’s struggle with self doubt and depression in his wrestling with bringing his most complex work to fruition over a period of decades.

Looking back from the perspective of age, I know that the most insurmountable challenges are not physical, but rather struggling with one's psyche.

At the end of this film, we we see his collaborator, Van Dyke Parks wiping away the tears from his eyes. I was wiping my own watching this highly personal and moving story of a man confronting his own demons as well as having the courage to expose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment